The Wahl Professional Detailer ReviewLet’s say you had to place your life in the paws of a big dog or a small cat. Naturally, you’d be inclined to back the dog, a larger more powerful animal. However, this isn’t a test of strength. This challenge is about who can make it over a tiny tightrope suspended across two tall buildings. Now that changes things doesn’t it? The smaller, cat would seem like the smart and obvious choice over the larger, dog. Which brings us to hair detailing… Whether you’re outlining your beard, or trying to achieve picture perfect, crisp detailing lines, it often feels like you’re walking over an incredibly thin tightrope… Just one tiny mistake and it’s all over! This is where the Wahl Detailer comes in. If other clippers are stumbling over that tightrope like big, clumsy dogs, the Wahl Detailer is gliding through like a sleek and agile cat.
What is the Wahl Detailer?The Wahl Detailer is a commercial grade trimmer that was built mainly for professional use in a barber shop. But it’s just as effective for trimming and detailing at home. The Detailer is made by Wahl, a US based company and one of the leading manufacturers of clippers in the world. Striving to provide high quality products that are reasonably priced for consumers.
Fun Fact: The owner Leo J Wahl was actually the one who invented the world’s first hand held clipper back in 1919.
- Lightweight – The Wahl Detailer has a noticeably light weight feel to it as opposed to other commercial grade trimmers, giving you much more control when detailing.
- Compact – Its compact design makes it fit easily in your hand to provide more comfort when in use
- Powerful rotary motor – Normally smaller, lighter trimmers end up sacrificing a lot of power but this isn’t the case with the Wahl Detailer. The cutting power is just as effective as larger trimmers
- Attachment comb cutting guides – 3 are included. 1/16”, 1/8” and 1/4”
- Cleaning Brush and Oil – For keeping your blades clean and in perfect condition
- Red Blade Guard – These Wahl clipper guards are for protecting and maintaining the condition of the blades
The main feature that sets the Detailer apart from others is its lightweight and compact design. This is to give barbers more precision and control when detailing and to provide that extra comfort when using for extended periods of time.