Do Vitamins for Beard Growth Really Work?
You’re doing everything right.
You’re grooming, trimming, using beard oil, and maybe trying some home recipes you found on the internet or saw on a late night infomercial.
Still, you can’t get your beard to grow full and healthy. There is an answer; try using vitamins for beard growth, and check out our article about the best beard growth products.
What Vitamins Should I use for Beard Growth?
When choosing a vitamin to supplement your beard growth, shop for the ones that are targeted for skin, nails and hair.
- Vitamin A: While Vitamin A is known best for helping with vision, it has a side benefit of helping to promote healthy, shiny hair growth. It boosts the production of sebum, which is the substance that keeps hair strong and prevents breakage. Sebum is the oil produced naturally by your skin that keeps it moisturized and healthy.
- Vitamin B5: B5 promotes full and healthy beard growth by strengthening hair follicles. B5 is also known as Pantothenic Acid.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin has long been hailed as the King of Hair and Skin. This is a very important vitamin for beard growth; it helps repair damaged cells and aids in improved circulation of blood to the skin. Both of these properties will give your beard a healthier foundation from which to grow. It also discourages age-related greying of the beard.
- Vitamin D: Like Vitamin B5, this vitamin is essential for strong, healthy hair follicles.
- Iron: This important vitamin is necessary to oxygenate the roots of your beard. Along with Vitamin E, this tried and true staple improves circulation to the skin.
- Zinc: Like Vitamin A, Zinc improves the production of sebum. It is also beneficial at a cellular level, repairing damaged follicle cells and promoting new cell growth.
- Magnesium: Another vitamin that is necessary for strengthening the hair follicle, magnesium deficiencies can be the cause of abnormal beard growth patterns and thin, unhealthy beard hair.
- Niacin: This vitamin is another one that aids in circulation. This one works by converting carbohydrates into energy, helping to maintain the structure of blood cells. Healthy blood cells boost blood circulation and delivers oxygen to the hair follicles. Niacin is Vitamin B3.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 is essential for metabolism. A healthy metabolism results in better, more nourished skin to promote healthy, full hair growth.
- Vitamin C: Not just for colds, Vitamin C is vital in producing collagen. This protein is necessary for healthy skin and encourages hair growth.
- Folic Acid: This is vitamin B9, and is a great way to encourage your skin and hair cells to grow and work properly.
- Biotin: Known as B7, this is yet another fantastic B vitamin. Biotin will definitely help you grow a beard, and healthy skin too.
Other Supplements for Healthy Beard Growth
While vitamins are a great start to a healthy, full beard, there are other supplements you can use as well.
- Protein: Your beard is, essentially, protein. Supplementing your protein levels will encourage your beard to grow stronger, healthier, and faster
- Fish Oil: Fish oil is rich in Omega 3, the nutrient your beard is craving. It adds shine and moisture to your beard, giving it a healthy and sleek appearance while conditioning the skin at its roots.
- Flax Seed Oil: Similar to fish oil, flax seed oil is high in Omega 3 complex. Rich in Vitamin E, this supplement will strengthen the beard itself, while providing increased elasticity and moisture to facial skin. It prevents annoying dandruff by encouraging healthy, supple skin growth.
- Borage Oil: Also known as starflower oil, this is a supplement rich in Omega 6 which stimulates healthy skin and hair growth.
- Saw Palmetto: If your beard is thinning, there is some evidence that Saw Palmetto can encourage it to grow back again, stronger and thicker.
- Exfoliates: Using an exfoliating mask stimulates growth, cleans skin and uncovers fresh skin cells to promote healthy beard growth
- Coconut Oil: Using coconut oil sparingly in your beard encourages strong, shiny growth and conditioned skin.
More Extreme Measures of Promoting Beard Growth
You can consider testosterone creams, topical steroids, Rogaine and other Minoxidil creams. These methods are not as safe as using natural vitamins for beard growth, and have not had proven results.
The Best Way to use Vitamins for Beard Growth
Is it more beneficial to apply supplements directly to your beard topically, or to find supplements that you can take orally?
Some beard growth vitamin supplements come in oils and sprays to be used topically, or may come in the form of an exfoliating mask that contains conditioners and vitamin supplements. There are even specialized beard shampoo and conditioners containing beneficial vitamins and other ingredients. These are great choices for taking care of an existing beard that isn’t growing properly or may just be a little dry, or have a bit of dandruff. The oils mixed in with these vitamins will be beneficial to a well-established beard. The downside to these is there are limits to the numbers of vitamins that can be effectively absorbed through the skin; most will feature Biotin and Vitamin E mixed with oils.
Oral supplements are a more effective way to use vitamins for beard growth if your beard is spotty, thin, or just will not fill in. The pill form will guarantee that these vitamins will be absorbed completely, used properly by the body, and will maximize the number of vitamins and oils received in a single, convenient oral dose. Every vitamin used in a hair formula is also essential in keeping you healthy; the side benefits to using vitamins for beard growth will be feeling better, stronger, and healthier.
Products Featuring the Best Vitamins for Beard Growth
By now, your head is reeling from the sheer numbers of supplements that can help you on your quest for a healthy, full beard. Here are a few of the higher rated ones available on the market for you to research and compare.
First, the oral vitamin supplements for beard growth:
- Beard Growth XL: Safe for all skin types, all natural and fast acting.
- Beard Garden: Features high quantities of Biotin and other B vitamins.
- Smooth Viking Hair and Beard Growth Support: Stops hair loss and promotes fuller beards.
- Bad Ass Beard Growth: Not only promotes better beard growth, it reduces redness, itchiness and breakouts.
- Optimal Effects Beard Formula: Features all the best vitamins for beard growth in each bottle.
- VitaBeard: Features a full array of the most beneficial vitamins for beard growth.
Next, a few of the topical treatments for hair growth:
- Maxx Beard: Blend of vitamins and oils, in addition to beneficial herbs for full, thick beard growth.
- Polished Gentleman Beard Shampoo and Conditioner: This product acts to condition the hair and promote beard growth with nutritional oils and vitamins.
- Biopic Beard Growth Facial Hair Serum: Has caffeine to further stimulate your beard growth in combination with other beneficial vitamins and oils.
- Spartan’s Den Premium Beard Balm: Features coconut oil and Vitamin E.
- Hair Growth Plus: Contains Biotin, Caffeine and Saw Palmetto.
Daily Vitamins for Beard Growth
With the prices of most targeted beard growth products, taking a daily multi-vitamin might be more useful. If you choose to boost your beard growth with once a day vitamins, make sure to choose one that features hair and skin benefits such as:
- FutureBiotics Nutrition for Men Hair, Skin and Nails
- Hair Vibrance
You might choose to use a daily all-in-one vitamin, such as those listed here, with some of the creams, sprays and oils geared towards beard growth.
Always remember that your beard will grow best when your face is conditioned, clean and healthy.
Taking vitamins for beard growth is effective and safe. Since the vitamins you need to grow your beard are also the same as those that give you energy and keep you healthy, chances are you will be feeling great while growing your beard at the same time.