Andis T-Outliner vs Wahl Detailer: Our 2019 Review & Winner!
Welcome to our head-to-head Wahl Detailer vs Andis T-Outliner comparison.
Today we’re providing you with a brief side-by-side overview. Letting you know who we think comes out on top and is the overall winner between these two hot-selling grooming tools.
With that out the way, let’s take a look at the Wahl Detailer…
Don’t feel like reading?
A Quick Wahl Detailer Review:
The Wahl Detailer is a commercial grade trimmer specifically designed for precision trimming around the face, neck, and ears. It also excels at hair tattooing.
- The Detailer was manufactured by Wahl, one of the leading companies in the grooming industry, focusing on producing affordable, high-quality products.
- Wahl claims to have made the Detailer as the ultimate trimming and detailing tool for barbers, stylists, and other professionals. Since it incorporates all the power of larger trimmers into a smaller, more compact design that’s easier to operate.
- One of the main features of the Wahl Detailer is the T-Blades which can be adjusted right down to a zero overlap, providing the user with an incredibly close shave.
- The other key feature of the Detailer is in the lighter, ergonomic design. Unlike larger, more clunky trimmers that are initially difficult to master for the inexperienced, the Detailer was designed to fit comfortably in hand to assist in extreme lining and detailed trimming.
- The Detailer has received extremely positive feedback from barbers, with particular praise going to the precision in the trimming and ability to operate the Detailer comfortably for long periods without it overheating.
- Few inexperienced users have complained about the blades being too sharp, resulting in a few nicks and cuts. But this is easily remedied by adjusting the blade settings.
How Does the Andis T-Outliner Stack Up?
The T-Outliner is a hair trimmer that’s equally adept at trimming beards.
Made by Andis, an almost 80-year-old company, well known in the hair and beard trimming industry and the preferred choice of most barbers and stylists worldwide.
- Andis boasts that the T-Outliner provides an extremely close shave, which is perfect for outlining and fading. As well as being extremely efficient at managing neckbeards, trimming mustaches & beards and for detailed edging near the ears.
- The Andis T-Outliner comes equipped with a T-Blade (its signature feature). Its exceptionally fine-cutting teeth are mostly responsible for providing close and detailed shaving capabilities.
- The other key feature that assists the T-Blade with the incredibly fine shave is the T-Outliner’s powerful, high-speed magnetic motor. Ensuring a quiet experience and a relatively refreshing shave (if you’ve ever had the displeasure of burning yourself with a trimmer that gets hot quickly, you’ll know what we mean).
- The T-Outliner has received mostly raving reviews, with customers particularly impressed with the clean and detailed shaving and outlining results. Users with sensitive skin have also enjoyed a noticeable reduction in razor bumps since switching to the T-Outliner.
- On the flip side, less experienced users have complained about the trimmer not cutting as well after the first few months of use. Although admittedly, this may well be the result of not using the included oil and cleaning the blades regularly as instructed.
So Who’s Our Winner; the Wahl Detailer or the Andis T-Outliner?
In our opinion, the Wahl Detailer has the edge. We’ve found that its zero overlap, adjustable T-Blades and ergonomic design for extreme detailing seems to really appeal to its customers. The Andis T-Outliner falls just a bit short here from our findings.
With that being said, we’ve chosen the Wahl Detailer as our winner simply because it’s noticeably lighter:
- Making it easier to maneuver
- Providing ultimate comfort when using for extended periods
But what do you think?
After all, you need to decide what’s best for your needs.
So click on one of the images below to take a look at both the Wahl Detailer and Andis T-Outliner in greater detail and read what other customers have to say.